The information below will assist you in submitting a complete application for the cultivation of hemp in 2021. In order to qualify for a grower license, you must submit a complete application, along with a check or money order for the $100 nonrefundable application fee to the HC. You also must pay for and submit fingerprints for an FBI background check as required under the law. Details on the application fee and fingerprinting will be provided after you submit the application. If you are approved and receive a license, you must pay a $400 fee per site for sampling and testing.
Below is a list of requirements to grow hemp on the Rosebud Sioux reservation. Please review the Rosebud Sioux Tribe (RST) hemp regulations as well as the following requirements carefully before proceeding to fill out the application. Once the application has been submitted and the application fee and background check have been received, the Hemp Commission will review and verify the information provided and advise you if you qualify for a license. Our goal is to process complete applications (including application fee and background check) within 45 days of receipt. Please do not contact us to ask about the your application status prior to 45 days from submission.
- Signed, complete, accurate, and legible applications are due at least 45 days prior to planned planting date.
- Applicants must obtain a tribal business license prior to submitting an application (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section IV(1)).
- GPS Coordinates and a map of the growing site must be included (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section IV(1)(c)).
- Licenses shall be valid for one year from the date of issuance (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section III(8)).
- Licenses cannot be assigned or transferred to another business, individual or other entity (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section IV(12)).
- No hemp shall be included in more than one License simultaneously (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section III(8)).
- No grow area may be included in more than one license at the same time (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section III(8).
- Each license application is for a single hemp variety grown on a single contiguous land area or indoor facility. If you plan to grow on additional areas or additional facilities, you must submit a separate application (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section III(8).
- A licensee must have the legal right to cultivate hemp on the growing site or premises AND the
legal authority to grant HC or any HC representatives access for inspection and sampling (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section IV(14)).
- A licensee may lease the growing site, (it is not required that the licensee be the land owner) but the licensee must be able to comply with the provisions of the RST Agricultural Hemp Code.
INELIGIBLE (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section IV(7))
a) Any Person under the age of 18;
b) Any Person convicted of a felony, or Class A Offense, relating to a controlled substance under tribal, state or federal law, within ten (10) years of the date of such felony conviction, shall be ineligible to obtain a hemp license;
c) Any Person who materially falsifies any information contained in their license application; and
d) Any Person who materially fails to comply with the license requirements.
REQUIREMENTS (RST Agricultural Hemp Code, Section III(8), Section IV(1))
a) Consent to inspection and tetrahydrocannabinol testing;
b) Consent to comply with any reporting requirements (See SEC. VII. RECORDS AND REPORTS);
c) Location of the grow or business, including the legal land description and a map identifying the location, which shall, to the extent practicable, include geospatial location;
d) Consent to an annual criminal background check;
e) Affirmation that all hemp and hemp products will have a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than the Acceptable Hemp THC Level on a dry weight basis; and
f) Consent to the potential disposal, forfeiture, and/or destruction of any hemp or hemp product with a with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of more than the Acceptable Hemp THC Level on a dry weight basis pursuant to the procedures outlined in this code and subsequent regulations; and
g) Consent to the jurisdiction of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
h) Applicant individual(s) or entity(ies) must be at least 51% owned by an enrolled member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe